Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Painting my chandelier

I could only find a couple "before" pictures of my chandelier in it original condition.
This one where you can see it's reflection in the mirror.  Very standard.
Very traditional. 
It basically looked like this.  Including the "flame" shaped bulbs.
First I took the chandelier out of the ceiling
and took a few pictures, so I could remember how to put it back together.  It really was not that hard.
Plus I had convinced Janella to help me.  Or to blame if something went wrong :) 
And yes, the yellow can of paint on the table was an option.  So was turquoise.
But I decided on white.  And I really, really like it.  A lot!
I also updated the bulbs to small circle bulbs.
Oh! I can't forget the pictures on the wall.  I got the frames for my birthday.  But just recently hung them and took the close-up pictures of our kids.  The pictures are huge!  12x12 from Costco.  The frames are 20x20 from Ikea.
 And the Rhododendrons on my table? From this bush at the corner of our home.

 So what do you think?  I'm in love!



11 comments:

Maresa said...

it is beautiful. You have a lovely home, family and life. I enjoy your blog.

Stephanie said...

Beautiful. Beautiful. Beautiful. Love the updated look...bye, bye flame bulbs. The white is classic. And the kiddos make gorgeous wall art. Of course!

Anonymous said...

Love Love Love It!!! SO glad you went with the white instead of yellow Bahahahhahah! J/K you would have made it work if it was Green! Love your DIY style.

- Love,
Your Favorite person EVER!!!

Keith and Crystal said...

Beautiful! I love the new look! The kids pictures a darling.

Gayle said...

Love it!! The pictures are great!!

Rob and Deanna said...

Looks Gorgeous, as Always! Your house is so cheery, wish you would work your magic in mine. ;-)

Rob and Deanna said...

Looks Gorgeous, as Always! Your house is so cheery, wish you would work your magic in mine. ;-)

Heidi said...

I love it all! Especially the open shelves on your wall. This is also one of the many reasons I can't post pictures of my house. Interior design inferiority complex.

~Carla~ said...

You really should be featured in a magazine. BEAUTIFUL! Love your creativity! ~Carla~

Janella said...

Ummmm...it looks.......gorgeous! How are your lungs?

Anonymous said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the "NEW" look!!!!! LOVE the BIG pictures in the BIG frames!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also, LOVED going out shopping yesterday!!! : )